This week’s question:
Inspired by the spectacular melt down of Jacqueline Howett on Big Al’s Book Blog, how do you deal with a bad review?
I, like Nicole Chase (today's featured author), have not yet been published. There is a part of me that feels like my first bad review will tear me to shreds, break my heart and lead me to never write again. I say that, but I got some good advice from friend and author C.L. Wilson back in March. She pointed out reviews that had been posted for Jane Eyre, Romeo and Juliet, classics we all must adore just on principle, and they were horrible, painful, lacking in respect. She also shared the one fabulous review where a reader admitted that Cheryl changed her life. So, as a person who always (and I'm sayin' - ALWAYS) sees the glass as half full, I will hang on to the one great review and ignore the rest. I will handle it with grace as best I can. I want to keep going and hopefully someday change another person's life too.
Now it's your turn to join The Hop!
1) Follow this blog.
2) Click the quill photo and follow Elizabeth Sharp, the originator of this hop.
3) Follow the featured author of the week, Nichole Chase
4) Copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there.
5) Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
6) Answer the question
7) Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don't bite!
8) If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
9) Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.
Join the fun. Until next week I remain Unstoppable.