Emerge Unstoppable in 2011!

Emerge Unstoppable in 2011! That's my mission this year. Join me as I blog about life during divorce, raising a three year old, and the fight to live one's dream of being a writer, a graphic designer, a prayerfully a success at it all.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Would You Notice?

Still on the path of self discovery with W. Gary Gore, I find myself asking this next tough, yet inspiring question: Would others notice if I cease to exist?

Well, of course! I am the center of your universe, aren't I? You would miss these blog posts everyday and the pleasure of my voice on the other end of the line, right? We can only hope to touch someone's life to the point that they might miss us even a little. But the truth of the matter is most of the people we touch we will affect once and never see them again.

So, the answer to the question for me is: Yes, I believe a select few would miss me for a minute, then they would go about their lives as normal. Others wouldn't notice at all.

My question to myself in taking this a few steps further is this: If I have the rare opportunity to make a difference in someone's life but once, then why not seize that opportunity and make that one instance all it can be? My answer: Why not?

Alright, you all are being conspicuously quiet. It's time to join the conversation. What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. 1. Amen to seizing the opportunity, no matter if you will impact once or many times.
    2. I - and many more - would notice if you were to disappear. Absolutely. And the world would be a drearier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear Lindy, I would miss you TERRIBLY if you were to simply cease to exist! I have visions of us as little old ladies lounging by the pool in the Mediterranean somewhere, cabana boys catering to our every whim. No wraparound front porches and rocking chairs for US! And yes, I agree we must take advantage of EVERY opportunity to impact the lives of others. We never know what kinds of struggles those around us might be experiencing, when one encouraging word or one small act of kindness might make all the difference to someone. I look forward to your blog posts; keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Megan and Pam. You would definitely be missed. I just got back from a business trip and I thought about this same thing. I always make sure that all is well and that everything can be handled if... But it is always something that hits you when you are 10,000 feet in the air.

    I am so there at the poolside with you, too!!!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, Pam, and Tami...Thanks for continuing to let me impact your lives. Cheers to poolside. We'll be there. I know it. If you ever think of a way I can contribute more, let me know.

    Smooches,
    Lindy

    ReplyDelete